Sunday, February 11, 2007

a square light...

a square light in the night. yellow, gleaming into darkness. you are otherworldly contrasted to to the pitch black dark blanket enveloping everything around me. fox darts, kat screams, a bird silhouettes itself against the moon. crack, crunch, pop - go the creatures of the night. the smell of a chimney drifts past my nose. mmm... soot... footsteps echo somewhere in the near distance. clip-clop, clip-clop. sounds like a young philly, except for the human cackle. a softer pattering blends with the clip-clop, but sound more like muted jazz beats, the heavy drunken imprint, like numb drums... mixed with a deeper laugh. the intoxicated homosapiens create a cacophony of sound blending with those of nature - one big strange orchestra. a shiver runs down my spine as my golden portal flickers, but a comforting warmth rushes through my veins as she returns. there she is! if i didn't have light, at least a little, if darkness could take over completely, how dark could the night become without a small glow of hope somewhere. the downward spiral of despair would swallow me into her lecherous arms, and in the pretense of love, drain the last sparkling diamonds of hope from my eyes until they were opaque and dead - i shudder at the thought... flick, flick, flicker... my focus is going again... no! flick, flick, gone... damn… another transitory window of hope disappears… they are becoming fewer and fewer... i must leave now to find another... while i can still see them... goodbye...

3 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
evan said...

What a lovely piece of pie...

My, my how you have come on comrade.

Your ramblings infest my brain like taking part in a marathon race for those who'd like to go insane...

Corinne said...

wow. we've both been lost... new post, stop by. hope u r well love